Monday, April 19, 2010

Coincidences - Umbrellas and Cars


Thank you Petter, for this entry. The nature of coincidences and for the related phenomena of synchronicity is that they could be one of many just likely and unlikely outcomes in any given situation. By this fact one would be destined to experience a few totally unlikely outcomes in a few cases in ones lifetime while most outcomes are mundane and will be quickly forgotten, the rare, bizarre and mind-boggling ones would always be remembered and if fantastic enough spread like a viral network, even possible growing into the realm of legends.

I will here mention a few coincidences that I have experienced, two of them minor and one which might have been the difference between life and death.

My first example of coincidences happened in 2002 one sunny calm summer day while walking to University in Tromsø, Norway I spotted a black umbrella sticking out of a bush, I picked it up and checked if it was in good condition by opening it, I found it to be in perfect condition, then while holding it up it started poring down rain, I completed my walk to the University and avoided getting soaked.

The second example I am sharing is also involving me walking to a university, but this time in Honolulu, Hawaii back in 2006, I had my umbrella with me, and even-though it was sunny and not a cloud on the sky I opened the umbrella and put it over my head, to my surprise some birds that I had not even noticed released their payloads of muck, not one but the whole flock, naturally I threw away the umbrella in the nearest garbage bin.

My third example is the most compelling not because it is unlikely but because it was a coincidence of life or death. This happened to me in January 2005, it was my very first week in Honolulu, Hawaii, and I was walking with Gary to a computer store to get a American power-cord for my laptop computer. There out of the blue a car with a male driver lost control in the traffic and turned straight in my direction of the sidewalk, on my left side was a sign and on my right side was a massive brick wall, The driver had a little baby in the front seat and it had taken away his attention from his driving making him crash right into the sign, pretty much making a wreck of both the car and the sign, leaving me totally untouched, just a slightly startled. One could call it a stroke of luck, divine intervention or coincidence, either way I was safe and the driver left in panic, some other people came over and asked if I was alright, and it took quite a while before Gary stopped shaking.

I have experienced countless other coincidences during my life, but I will not bore you with them all.

-------------------------------------------------------- 
Remember to check out our Paranormal Corner Online Store and if you have story you would like us to look into for posting in our blog contact us at waikikiblogboi@gmail.com
--------------------------------------------------------- 

No comments:

Post a Comment

World