Friday, April 23, 2010

Nana is Watching Over Us


Sky "angel" photo taken by Jonina Oskarsdottir

This is another story from Cathy in Gettysburg, PA
When my granddaughter was around 1 year old, I was feeding her as she sat in her highchair. She looked around me and very clearly, said "Hi Nana" as she waved. I turned around and said, "Hi Mom!" as I knew my Mom was there. She had passed away 5 years earlier and my granddaughter had not met her in life, but I knew she met and knew her spirit.

A year or so later, I was holding another granddaughter, around 1 yr old, looking at some pictures on the wall. She pointed to a picture of my Mom and said "Nana". Spooky? Not at all. I firmly believe my Mom is here watching over us and visiting the babies.

As babies, the girls (independently) would be jibber jabbering to someone and if you asked them who they were talking to they'd say Nana. Stuff like that. It was very evident that Nana was around. This was definitely a baby/toddler thing as they rarely talk of her anymore.


They are now 8 and 10. It was always comforting to me that she was watching over them (and still is, no doubt!). I think that the older you get and the more innocence lost, it becomes harder or they have more things on their minds (but "Nana" is in the background.) Do you understand what I am trying to say? A lot of older kids wouldn't want to talk about something like that, you know? It would embarrass them of make them feel weird or something. I admit I have not asked the kids about her. I feel the memory is with each of them to treasure always. 

---------------------------------------------------- 
Remember to check out our Paranormal Corner Online Store and if you have story you would like us to look into for posting in our blog contact us at waikikiblogboi@gmail.com
---------------------------------------------------- 

No comments:

Post a Comment

World