Thursday, September 30, 2010

The Ghostly Hitchhiker


Several years ago back in PA. My friend and I took my new car out for a ride. We were just driving around and after about two hours of driving, I took my friend home and dropped him off at his house. The distance from town where we were driving around to my friend's house was six miles.

As soon as we got to the very edge of town, we saw a woman walking along the road. She was walking the same direction as we were driving and as we passed her I would say she looked to be in her 50's or early 60's. It only took a few minutes to get to my friend's house. As we pulled into his driveway, his father came out and asked if I could give him a ride to the service station in town as he had to pick up his car after having it worked on. I said that I would be happy to take him into town and he got in my car and we backed out of the driveway.

As soon as we were back on the road, we saw this woman walking along the road and it was the same woman my friend and I passed. I didn't say anything but, I thought, how could she have walked that far in just a few minutes and I didn't remember any cars going by my friend's house the three minutes we sat in the driveway, so I don't think she caught a ride from anybody.

This time she waved us down and asked if we could give her a ride into town. I  told her she was walking the wrong direction to get into town but, she looked very tired and so I said sure, hop in the back and we will give you a ride. She crawled into the back seat and we were on our way

In a minute we were approaching a sharp curve I started to slow down and as I  we approached the curve the women yelled for me to pull over now, she yelled pull off the road, our lives are in danger. Even though I had no clue what she was talking about, I did as she said and pulled off to the side of the road. As soon as we were off to the side of the road, a huge garbage truck came around the curve very fast. It was right in the middle of the road, The truck was going so fast that I could see the driver struggling to keep the truck under control.

As soon as the garbage truck had made it past us, I turned around to ask the woman if she was alright and to ask her how she knew that truck was coming because it was impossible to see around that curve. To my astonishment  and to my friend's father's astonishment, She wasn't there ! She was just gone. I even went back the way we came to see if she somehow got out of the car and there was no sign of her at all.

We were dumfounded, both myself and my friend's dad. With no clue as to what just happened, we turned around and headed back towards town . As we got to the very edge of town, there was this very same woman walking along the road again, headed out of town as she was the first time I saw her. I slowed down and I started shaking  and sweating  a very nervous type of shake as I drove past her. I was in that condition because, I didn't understand what had just happened or why it happened to me. However, I did and still do understand that, whatever it was that happened, It was in now way normal and, I believe this woman not to be of this world!

------------------------------------------------------------
Remember to check out our Paranormal Corner Online Store and if you have story you would like us to look into for posting in our blog contact us at waikikiblogboi@gmail.com
------------------------------------------------------------

No comments:

Post a Comment

World